[Radiance-general] Re: calculating percentages of a given value in a radiance .pic

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:12:17 PDT 2008

And here is one of the many possible standard Radiance tools ways:

pvalue -h -H -o -b -df input.pic | rcalc -if -of -e '$1=1;$2=if(179*
$1-THRESHOLD,1,0)' | total -if2

You need to set THRESHOLD to the desired luminance value (in cd/
m^2).  This will give you two numbers, the ratio of which is the
percentage you seek.  If you want to do it all on the command line,
you can add:

	| rcalc -e '$1=100*$2/$1'

to the end of the pipe.

Best,