[Radiance-general] LEARNIX 2008-1 beta

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 07:54:32 PDT 2008

Dear list,

A beta version of the new LEARNIX live-CD is up for grabs:
http://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/learnix/

LEARNIX is now based on Ubuntu, rather than Knoppix. We use Bernd's
official Radiance packages. Please get it, test it, and send any
feedback off-list directly to me. Note that some of the documentation
has not been updated, e.g. the Getting Started Guide and Luisa's ESP-r
tutorial.

Although some seemingly unmaintained or non-functional packages have
been dropped, we are happy to announce that Andreas' radview, as well
as Ilya's mt tools have made it into LEARNIX.

There are a number of test scripts under /usr/local/share/learnix
which are designed to verify the functionality of Radiance and
add-ons. We would greatly appreciate if you could give any feedback
and/or suggestions on them, too.

Cheers

Axel