[Radiance-general] Re: obj2rad failing

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:44:29 PDT 2008

Hi Erwin,

Importing minus the vertex and textures can be done with this command:

	sed '/^f /s@/[0-9/]*@@g' Hauk-EZ.obj | obj2rad > Hauk-EZ.rad

Seems to work for me, at least.

-Greg

P.S.  I also tried putting all the vertex normals at the front of the
file, thinking maybe ACAD just scattered them throughout in violation
of one of the Wavefront syntax restrictions, but there were still
faces that referred to vertex normal indices that exceeded the total
number of vertex normals in the file.