[Radiance-general] Re: obj2rad failing

Erwin Zierler radiance at rendigo.com
Tue Oct 7 23:44:42 PDT 2008

Hi Greg,

thanks for the investigation. This means that Archicad produces faulty OBJ files or something went wrong during the export. I will have to ask the folks who gave me the file. I tried importing this file into other modellers, some of them seem to ignore all faulty objects, and some of them import everything only up to that line. But I have not checked this out in great detail. Maybe I can implement some kind of syntax checker that does some sanity checks on obj files before I throw them at obj2rad. I guess my goal will be to import at least the geometry, even if the vn or vt info is not correct.
Regards,
 Erwin