[Radiance-general] getting pixel value at x,y

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu May 29 10:25:53 PDT 2008

Hi Lars,

So, this is why being specific about your problem helps -- we avoid a
lot of spurious suggestions that don't apply.

The best/fastest solution for rectangular areas is pcompos piped into
pvalue and total, like so:

	pcomb -o captured.pic \
		| pcompos -x ${box_width} -y ${box_height} - -${left} -${lower} \
		| pvalue -h -H -df | total -if3 -m

The initial pcomb command is necessary to apply the exposure values
correctly.  If you want luminance (rather than radiance) output, use:

	pcomb -s 179 -o captured.pic \
		| pcompos -x ${box_width} -y ${box_height} - -${left} -${lower} \
		| pvalue -h -H -b -df | total -if -m

Either of these commands will be very fast compared to any script you
might concoct.

-Greg