[Radiance-general] getting pixel value at x,y

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu May 29 08:52:51 PDT 2008

First thanks for the replies and suggestions. What I actually want to
do, is to sample pixel values over an area and get the average. This is
done for a HDR image assembled of photographs, so I cannot use vwrays.
Pfilt also does not work, as I need the samples to hit a light source in
a black (dark) surrounding. What I did now is writing a script in perl
which filters the output of pvalue, but still, as these files are large
and I am working on batches of such images, it is not that comfortable
to do so (it takes time). I am taking these values into my script
anyway, so writing this was not the problem, it is more about the
unnecessary lookups of all those pixels that are just not that interesting.

CU Lars.