[Radiance-general] getting pixel value at x,y

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu May 29 05:24:12 PDT 2008

Hi list,

I wonder if noone else came to this problem, or if I just do not see the
answer to a rather simple problem.

Radiance comes with pvalue to extract pixel values of images. This is
fine, as long as images are small - just redirect to a file, and the
values can be read according to the coordinates written at the beginning
of the lines.

Now, for large images, this becomes a pain. E.g. if I want to get the
values of 64pixels, with known coordinates, I cannot read out these with
pvalue, but first must transform the complete image to a pvalue
formatted text file. These files can become hundreds of MB in size with
higher resolutions.

Is there an easier and more efficient way to go? E.g. cropping the image
first to the pixels wanted? I guess the only way to do so is pcomb,
right?

Lars.