[Radiance-general] Re: panoramic images [was: applied material ...]

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue May 27 20:12:23 PDT 2008

I like Thomas' original suggestion of mapping an image to the window
and using an illum with the appropriate sky distribution.  If you
simply use the fisheye.cal mapping I recommended earlier and apply it
to a fisheye capture out the window, all should be well for any
perspective view.  However, you will need a fairly high resolution
fisheye image to make this work.  The description goes something like
this:

# Define sky
!gensky 5 27 12

# Define high frequency view out window
void colorpict west_view
9 red green blue outsideHF.pic fisheye.cal fish_u fish_v -rz 90
0
0

# Apply view to sky only for West elevation
skyfunc mixfunc full_sky_pat
4 west_view void "if(Dx,0,-Dx^.4)" .
0
0

# Apply this to the sky
full_sky_pat glow sky_glow
0
0
4 1 1 1 0

sky_glow source sky
0
0
4 0 0 1 360

# Define window glazing
void glass window_glass
0
0
3 .92 .92 .92

# Window angle affects transmittance, so use approximation to this
skyfunc brightfunc win_func
2 winxmit winxmit.cal
0
0

# Define the window as an illum minus the exterior pattern
win_func illum window_illum
1 window_glass
0
3 1 1 1