[Radiance-general] Re: panoramic images [was: applied material ...]

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Tue May 27 13:48:40 PDT 2008

On 26 May 2008, at 19:11, steve michel wrote:

> It occured to me that since cyl.cal already exist, could mkillum
> the sky/ground light distribution be applied to the cylinder of a
> panaromic view? That would eliminate having to match the viewpoint
> angle with the picture. As you no doubt see, I want to avoid
> 'forking' renders and get the accuracy and presentation in one render.

According to the man page mkillum does not work for cylinders (it
works for
spheres, though, but there is no point in creating a sphere to
simulate the
sky).

Perhaps you could use Radzillas 'ghost' material. IIRC that was a
material
that was visible but did not influence the lighting calculations. If
this is true
you can create a cylinder around your scene without compromising the sky
distribution.

Regards,
Thomas