[Radiance-general] out of memory in avstore

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue May 13 08:52:38 PDT 2008

Jack de Valpine wrote:
> .... Perhaps to optimize things further you could then place polygons
> to close the bottom end of the pipes and again run mkillum on these
> resulting in light distribution that is effectively at the bottom of
> the pipe. I am not sure how valid this is so perhaps others can chime in.

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that before, but of course you're right.  A
very complex skylight/laylight system with multiple "nasty" layers could
be sorted out, via mkillum, one at a time with progressive mkillum runs
starting from the outside and working your way in.  Then for the final
calcs/renders, you would simply use the last set of illums.  Why
wouldn't this be valid?  As long as you only use the last set of illums
so there isn't any double- or triple counting of contributions, this
seems totally valid to me.  Greg?

- Rob