[Radiance-general] applied material to all faces of a genbox

Fitzsimmons, Rob rob.fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Fri May 2 12:06:49 PDT 2008

I sometimes use a cheap hack to avoid the texture smearing along 1 axis:
 - smearing it on a less noticeable axis.

Assuming you are texturing a wall pattern
 squish the texture about 50% horizontally (not keeping aspect ratio)
Rotate it so it projects at 45 degrees. -rx 90 -rz 45  This works for
most walls - those that are 0, 90, 180, 270 orientations.
Tho at 45 135 etc, they don't work so well.

Rob F

-----Original Message-----
From: radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org
[mailto:radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org] On Behalf Of Tom
Young
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 5:23 AM
To: Radiance general discussion
Subject: [Radiance-general] applied material to all faces of a genbox

hi

playing w colorpict, I've had some luck using some concrete .pic files

the end result, tho' entirely for learning purposes, was much better
than anything else I've encountered using Vectorworks

question: the top of the !genbox rendered sweetly - it really looks
great

however, the box sides look like extrusions of the render...

is this unavoidable ?

or not ?

tom