[Radiance-general] applied material to all faces of a genbox

John Mardaljevic jm at dmu.ac.uk
Fri May 2 07:45:06 PDT 2008

Tom,

The image gets 'draped' onto the surface depending on the orientation
of the surface and the orientation applied in the mapping of the image
-- usually you arrange for them to be the same.  So, what you see is
normal.  You need to set up materials to match the orientations of the
surfaces, say three if all surfaces are rectilinear.  See the example
in file 'pattmats' which is found in the directory 'obj/cabin'.
There's a way for cylinders too, but it's been ages since I last used
colorpict and I've forgotten how it went.

-John

Dr. John Mardaljevic
Senior Research Fellow
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester
LE1 9BH, UK