[Radiance-general] Official Radiance 3.9 Release

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:41:41 PDT 2008

Dear Radiance Users:

I have just put together a long overdue release of Radiance, vers.
3.9.  I only heard one "nay" vote about including the CSAIL library
objects, but all the same I made a smaller distribution available for
like-minded disk curmudgeons.  The download from the original LBNL site:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/download.html

by default is missing the CSAIL objects.  These can easily be added
via the "objects" link lower on the same page.  On the other site,
radiance-online includes the CSAIL objects in its distribution files:

	http://www.radiance-online.org/software/

Both sites link to compiled binaries for Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris,
and MINGW (thanks to Francesco Anselmo and James Lee).  I need to
work with Peter Apian-Bennewitz to update the scripts so the patches
being provided are relative to the new release, since he's the
mastermind for those.

Please inform me of any broken links, compile problems, or masspillings.

Cheers,