[Radiance-general] soft edged shadows

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Tue Mar 11 11:18:58 PDT 2008

Kai,

And if you are really hard-core, you can approximate the single
sun's disk with a number of smaller disks, filling the original.
This helps smooth out penumbras cast by long shadows, I've found.

Of course, try the "-dj 0.7" first. That might be enough. You
will, of course, need to render at several times your final,
desired resolution, and reduce afterwards.

Mark