[Radiance-general] Ximage illuminance readings

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon Mar 10 19:57:39 PDT 2008

Hi Steve,

A direct/indirect fixture needs an interreflection calculation for
any level of accuracy.  I recommend setting -ab 1 on the rtrace
command line, maybe even -ab 2.  This will take considerably longer
to produce a result, but should be closer to what you expect if there
is nothing amiss with your model.  The command you are using
otherwise looks OK.

I'm a little surprised by the factor of 10, unless the fixture throws
over 90% of its light towards the ceiling.

-Greg