[Radiance-general] Modeling printed glass with dielectric material

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 12:11:29 PDT 2008

Hi Francesco,

Your posting arrived twice -- were you not sure that it was posted
the first time?  You can always double-check at radiance-online,
since the archives are always current.

The "interface" type is what you are looking for, I believe, since it
allows you to specify the dielectric constant on either side of a
boundary.  Modeling materials at this level of detail requires that
you know very precise things about the geometry and physical properties.

It is OK to have some sides of a dielectric capped by an opaque
material, such as plastic.  If you have no cap, just an opening, then
the results will not be correct.

Best,
-Greg