[Radiance-general] Radiance now Sun Microsystems clusters

steve michel smichel_designer at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 03:21:56 PDT 2008

Following my discussions with Sun Microsystems and my numerous requests, Radiance3.9 has now been made available on the Sun Grid job catalog. ie. the Sun Microsystems Solaris based clusters available to qualified users.

Sun Grid is a 'cloud computing' service available to researchers running a variety of scientific, analysis and other compute intensive applications. Applications an data are uploaded for jobruns and the output is downloaded from a GUI java web-based interface. Signing up is straightforward and Sun provides a free introductory 200cpu-hours to new registrations. 1cpu-hour normally cost $1USD with no other costs or pre-purchaseed cpu-hours.

I've used the cluster for other applications and it works very well (and needless to say, fast)

https://www.network.com/GridPortal/GridPortal/StartAction.do?aceActionName=AceSpecificInitializeOnly

regards
Steve Michel