[Radiance-general] trouble in installing radiance on ubuntu 8.03-a new user

qiuzhongzhu at shiep.edu.cn qiuzhongzhu at shiep.edu.cn
Sat Jun 14 07:15:56 PDT 2008

Dear all,

I am new not only for radiance but also for Ubuntu.

I tried to install radiance on ubuntu8.03 as following steps,

(i) downloaded and installed the ubuntu8.03, and I think it should work well.

(ii) download the "rad3R9_linux.tar.gz" from
http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/framed.html and copy to
/home/myname/rad3R9_linux.tar.gz

(iii) in the ubuntu8.03, use "su" to "root", and decoppress the
rad3R9_linux.tar.gz with "tar -xzvf rad3R9_linux.tar.gz", then generate a new
folder "rad3R9_linux" in /home/myname/, and there are a lot of files in that
new folder.

(iv) exit root, use "cd  " to /home/myname/rad3R9_linux,then su to root, and
according to the readme file, use ./makeall install, but it always didn't work
and tell me"./makeall command not found"

could anyone give me a hand?

thank you in advance.

Ragards,
ZZ