[Radiance-general] Re: Cumulative calculations of irradiance

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 11:55:07 PDT 2008

Hi Chris,

I haven't done this, but you should be able to compute the maximum
values between two images using pcomb like so:

	pcomb -h -e 'max(a,b):if(a-b,a,b)' -e 'lo=max(li(1),li(2))' -o
last_max.pic -o new_vals.pic > cur_max.pic

Renaming cur_max.pic to last_max.pic (using mv -f cur_max.pic
last_max.pic) before each invocation should maintain the maximum
values at each pixel over each new addition of new_vals.pic.  (The -h
option is to avoid endless growth of the picture header.)

I hope this helps.
-Greg