[Radiance-general] apt-get problems

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Jul 28 01:36:26 PDT 2008

> I have been working on building a small collection of computers to run rpiece.  I am using Ubuntu, and have found  that one computer will load radiance perfectly well using "sudo apt-get install radiance radiance-materials" and another will give me an error:
>
> reading package lists..Done
> reading dependency tree
> Reading State Information...Done
> E: couldn't find package radiance
>
> they are on the same network and both have good and working network connections.  Any help would be appreciated....

This is obviously not a problem that could be solved by the Radiance
folks here, but it seams that your apt-installation is broken. There are
many ways to check why and how this is the case (the most basic would be
to try to install any other package, maybe you cannot install anything
at all?). Also working network connections not always mean access to
apt-sources, e.g. if there is a firewall which blocks one machine and
lets the others connect.

CU Lars.