[Radiance-general] light leakage problem

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Thu Jul 24 11:34:53 PDT 2008

On 24 Jul 2008, at 14:25, EncaseIndia wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
> I was actually checking my model in radiance without any
> windows,wherein it showed me light leakage.Its just one corner of
> the building at which i can see some light ,which is around 250
> lux, quite huge amount.
> I deleted all my windows in ecotect and then exported the model in
> radiance, after so much analysis i could just find the corner from
> where the light is leaking.

Radiance can show some unwanted light spots at the edges of polygons.
This is due to inaccuracies of the geometry generation and the
interpolation
between two calculated points.

I have seen this in models where I only created a single polygon for
a wall
instead of two polygons for inside and outside or where the floor or
ceiling
was larger than the room space itself and extended into the exterior.
If your
model is of this type try to build floor, walls and ceiling with real
thickness.
This will create an exterior envelope around your room that should
stop most
of the light. I have no idea how you can do this in Ecotect, though.

> I have attached the pictures here.

Sorry, you can't post files to the mailing list. You have to find a
public
website (myspace would do) and post the link here.

>  and I hope you find my english proper. :)

Yes. Keep going!

Regards,
Thomas