[Radiance-general] gendaylit license

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jul 18 02:01:31 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I wasn't aware of the fact, that "our old" gendaylit had such a
restrictive license!

We discussed that within our group and decided to simplify the license.
 From now on, you can use it also for commercial products and it can be
easily included in packages.
We only want to be acknowledged - which is similar to the RADIANCE
license. Details: see README file of the package.

Hope this helps.

You can download the actual code (small changes included, that it
compiles under linux and cygwin) including the revised  README  at:

http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de/radiance

For the evalglare users: Also a new version of evalglare is available at
the same location. If you are using a version older than 0.6 you should
update, some errors were fixed.

Cheers

Jan

--