[Radiance-general] Hi, Lars,

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 02:09:23 PDT 2008

> It seems you are professional in esp-r coupling radiance
Far from that ;-) So I am afraid that I cannot help too much. But for
the questions regarding gains definitions etc, you should use the esp-r
support lists.

> for ESP-r, I set something in my casual gain control *.cgc file as follows,

As much as I know, you must also define the operation parameters. Will
light be switched on 24 hours, or is it just that at night, light will
be off also at near-zero illumination? Where is the sensor - is it at
the same position you use for getting your illuminances? Or might it be
exposed to more light, so even when you see very low illumination, it
switches off because it receives more?

esp-r is a jungle of control files and parameters. I would always try to
model a "static" model first, e.g. get the illumination only by
sunlight. Next, switch on some lights. And than, when you have control
over the model, start experimenting with photocell-sensors, which will
dynamically switch on/off lights.

I haven't done much work with esp-r yet (though I am very interested in
it). So that is all I can advice. Did the higher -ab setting solve the
low illuminance problem?

Lars.