[Radiance-general] extracting brightness values from picture

yijun huang yijunhuang at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:14:26 PST 2008

Hi Prasanta,

I'm not sure how (in terms of code) you're trying to extract the luminance values and how you'd be processing them, but I've faced a similar task some time back and tried to document the syntax in a easy-to-reuse way.

http://www.yichunhuang.com/radiance_pic/rgbe.html

at the bottom of the page, I've included a draft java file that eventually allowed me to access pixel values easily. (Did not have time to update with latest files...) Hope this is useful.

Cheers,
YC Huang
Center for Building Performance and Diagnostics
Carnegie Mellon University