[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance-general Digest, Vol 47, Issue 15

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Jan 18 01:21:54 PST 2008

> double-checked my exporter for ARRIS and it does export to OBJ.

If it does not work - you can export to Sketchup from Arris, and the
Sketchup-Format is supported by Thomas Bleicher's converter:

http://code.google.com/p/su2rad/

If there are problems, you can send a typical model (not to the list) in
  obj and sketchup format to check which way will work with Radiance.

I still wonder if there was not a direct export... I remember something
like the export interface in Octree CAD had been developed from a Arris
version, but I may be wrong.

> verion 3.6 was a typing error. I did download 3.8 Yes, I am more
> interested in pictures rather than lighting analysis

You will need a nice material library for that. Radiance can transport
the light, but you have to define the reflecting surfaces ;-)

CU Lars.