[Radiance-general] eulum to ies

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Fri Jan 4 11:23:30 PST 2008

Hi Lucio.

Sorry. I can't comment on the compile errors. It's quite a while since I
used and compiled eulum2ies and then I did it on a Mac. Your problems
might
be specific to your distribution/version of the libraries.

On 4 Jan 2008, at 12:39, loscotec@@libero..it wrote:

> I managed to convert from eulum to ies with ies2tab a program for
> ms-dos
> written in pascal, but I still have doubts about the correct
> translation.

I don't know ies2tab. I used and still would use Dialux on Windows if I
had to deal with photometry a lot. You can import LDT, IES and some
other
data formats into Dialux and then export the photometry as IES if
required.
If you have a converted IES file load it into Dialux and compare it
to the
LDT version in the 3D editor. If you get the same distribution shape and
specs it's ok.

The good thing about Dialux is that it's more or less a marketing tool
for the manufacturers and therefore is very well supported by their
technical departments. Most big manufacturers have dedicated databases
with their products for Dialux or a good online import function.

> it looks like distribution is still ok, but it has some offset.
> If I rotate the luminaire around z axis, and I check with illuminance
> curves on an orizzonatal plane, the distribution is not rotating
> around
> its most luminouse point (as i guess it was supposed to do.. ) but it
> has an offset of almost 10 units, then 10 meters.

I'm not quite sure what your problem is. Do you have trouble
to verify your converted data file or to place it in a Radiance
scene? If it's the first use a photometric viewer software (as Dialux)
to check it.

Regards,
Thomas