[Radiance-general] eulum to ies

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Fri Jan 4 04:39:55 PST 2008

Tank you very much Thomas and Carsten but it looks like I still have problems:

It is impossible for me to use eulum2ies . I tries it in ubuntu 7.10 64 bit and it doesn't work [core dumped] (maybe 'cou8se of 64 bit architecture) so I tried it under windows in cygwin.. agai core dumped even if there are some more explanations:

17537 [main] eulum2ies 3792 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state <probably corrupted stack>
Segmentation fault <core dumped>

So, no way for me to use it.. ah, probably it is important to say that while compiling it it is reporting :

eulum2ies.c:71: warning: built-in function 'pow' declared as non-function

I quite understand nothing from this.. do you?

I managed to convert from eulum to ies with ies2tab a program for ms-dos written in pascal, but I still have doubts about the correct translation.. it looks like distribution is still ok, but it has some offset. If I rotate the luminaire around z axis, and I check with illuminance curves on an orizzonatal plane, the distribution is not rotating around its most luminouse point (as i guess it was supposed to do.. ) but it has an offset of almost 10 units, then 10 meters..

Do you have any suggestion on how to solve this problem? Is this really a problem or am I missing something? Can you suggest me any other converter at least to check that both them are working the same way ?

Thank you very much in advance..

Lucio