[Radiance-general] adiance on Ubuntu7.10

David Maino david.maino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:57:18 PST 2008

Aditya,

There are some .deb files for debian/ubuntu here:
http://radiance-online.org/software/binaries/rad3R8_linux.tar.gz

Usually when I build from scratch I need to install tk8.3 and csh from the
ubuntu repo, so maybe you are just missing those dependencies (I did not see
tk8.3 in the tutorial's list to apt-get and I'm not sure if tcsh is the same
as csh or not). One other thing to check is taht typically when you're in
Ubuntu Bash or Dash is the default shell. I usually run into problems when
running makeall for radiance in either of these two shells, so try using Csh
instead while compiling.

Hope that helps!
Dave