[Radiance-general] X 11 trouble with OS X

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Wed Feb 20 19:07:11 PST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 7:30 PM, Dave Bosworth wrote:

> No, I had to install X11 to run Matlab.  I have installed: X11
> 1.1.3 - XFree86 4.4.0
>
> Does rview usually open up x11 on its own, or do I have to boot it
> up separately?

No, you have to load X11 first.  I have some code in my .profile that
automatically loads X11 when I open a terminal window (if it's not
already running) since many times when I open a terminal window I'm
about to use Radiance, but you could just remember to start up X11
prior to running any of the graphical Radiance apps.

> finally, is rvu the same as rview?

Mark got this one already; it was renamed to avoid a very common
alias conflict on most Linux systems (with vim).

Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org