[Radiance-general] Problems with rpiece - Solved

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Sat Feb 16 01:06:54 PST 2008

Thank you Greg!

I imagined it was a wait-period problem, so I tried giving manually some " rpiece @args " invocation after minutes, and it didn't work as well. In addiction, setting -X and -Y directly in args and not in the sync file does work correctly (I've used it many times) withouth any wait-period.

Lucio

. .Hi Lucio,
.
.It's difficult to say why this didn't work as you originally had it,
.but it's generally a good idea to insert a pause of a couple of
.seconds between each invocation of rpiece, to give it time to lock
.its files.  This isn't reliable on all systems, otherwise.
.
.-Greg
.
.> From: "loscotec\@libero\.it" <loscotec at libero.it>
.> Date: February 15, 2008 11:41:07 AM PST
.>
.> Thank you Rob!
.>
.> Actually I didn't want to continue an unfinished sequence, but to
.> start a new one. Erasing the 3 files I was creating for the
.> process, didn't work either (in fact the script already was
.> overwriting them, so it was just to not leave anything untried that
.> I tried it).
.>
.> I managed just a few minuts ago to solve the problem. Instead of
.> writing the numbers of divisioni to the sync.file as written
.> before, I wrote them in the normal way : -X 8 -Y 8 .
.>
.> This solved my problem but leaves opened the question on why it
.> didn't work in the other way (as it was copied right from the manual).
.>
.> Lucio
.
._______________________________________________