[Radiance-general] Problems with rpiece

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Fri Feb 15 09:05:06 PST 2008

loscotec at libero.it wrote:
> So I tried to implement it at least for rpict with rpiece.
>
> first time i used it everything worked properly, but relaunching it with some changes, it stops processes reporting :

You have to use the -R option instead of the -F option on a restart, I believe.
>From the manpage:

The /-R/ option may be used instead of /-F/ if some of the pieces were  not

       properly  finished  by  previous  (killed) runs of /rpiece./  This option
       should be used by at most one /rpiece/ process,  which  must  be  started
       first and with /no/ /other/ /rpiece/ /processes/ /running/ or else it will reren-
       der the same pieces other  processes  have  begun.   Once  the  recover
       process  is  started, you may start other /rpiece/ processes using the /-F/
       option to run simultaneously.  If some processes die during  execution,
       leaving one or more half-finished pieces in the picture even though the
       other processes think the work is done, you may  run  a  single  /rpiece/
       with the /-R/ option by itself to repair the holes.