[Radiance-general] Problems with rpiece

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Fri Feb 15 07:00:32 PST 2008

Hi! I'm here again.

I've recently discovered I was just using 1/4 of my cpu speed, due the fact that I've got Core2 Quad and I wasn't using parallel rendering.

So I tried to implement it at least for rpict with rpiece.

first time i used it everything worked properly, but relaunching it with some changes, it stops processes reporting :

rpiece: requested piece (8,6) out of range

Why?

I'm using this commands from a csh script:

% echo 8 8 > sync.file
% echo -F sync.file -x 800 -y 600 -o view2.pic $rpict_par $par -vp -20 4 1.5 -vd 1 0 0 scene.oct > args
% rpiece @args &
% rpiece @args &
% rpiece @args &
% rpiece @args &

And is this the right way of using it on a quad processor?

Lucio