[Radiance-general] falsecolor's isolux on observer's luminance.

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Mon Feb 4 11:02:27 PST 2008

On 4 Feb 2008, at 15:10, loscotec@@libero..it wrote:

> Good day to everybody!
>
> I need yuor help!
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to do what I'm going to
> explain and how could I obtain such result.
>
> So.. what I need is to have in the end an orthogonal view from
> above a street which shows isolux lines of luminance from a
> determined poin of view.

Alternative to Greg's proposal:

Render a first image as a parallel projection with view point and
direction of
the observer. Create a falsecolor image from this rendering. Then use
the
generated image as a texture to colour your street. The texture
rotation would be
the view direction of your observer. Render the street from above
just for the
texture effect (no second falsecolor).

Again the first image should be large to provide more details. The
second rendering
could be done in any 3D modeller with sufficient control for texture
mapping (Blender
for example).

Thomas