[Radiance-general] METAL material values

Adriana Lira adrianalira at post.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 20 17:57:48 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have 2 questions about the METAL material:

1) What are the maximum values for "specularity" and "roughness". I would
like to confirm if the maximum value for specularity is 1.0 (or maybe more?)
and if the maximum value for roughness is 0.5 (although I have found in some
web links that roughness values greater than 0.2 are not realistic)

2) I need to create 2 metallic materials.

     a)   The product data for the first metal is the following:

    -  Minimum % Total Reflectivity:    95
    -  Image Clarity:                           95
    -  % Diffuse Reflection:                 <12
    -  Specular reflictivity%:                  90

I'm assuming that this material can best described as follows:

void metal metal_1
0
0
5  .95  .95  .95  .90 .10

     b)   The product data for the second metal is the following:

    -  Total Reflection %:                    94
    -  Total Reflection:                        94
    -  % Diffuse Reflection:                 80-90
    -  Specular reflictivity%:                  90

I'm assuming that this material can best described as follows:

void metal metal_2
0
0
5  .94  .94  .94  .90 .85

Could someone confirm if I'm on the right track?

Thank you so much in advance!

Best,

Adriana

--