[Radiance-general] !genprism and !genbox errors

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Aug 7 01:58:23 PDT 2008

> Has this command changed too? (such as rview to rvu)

On Linux systems, there already exists a command genbox. So the package
maintainers (I guess you use a debian or ubuntu setup?) have to rename
these tools (I would guess to rgenbox, rgenprism) to avoid
unpredicteable behaviour. The source tree at radsite/radiance-online
doesn't reflect these changes, the documentation doesn't do it neither.

Actually I start to feel that the fact that a lot of radiance
installations are done on Linux those days, but the tools' names do not
have a commen prefix or anything that would make it possible to include
them unchanged into any distribution, is getting more and more trouble.
As a rule, when encountering such problems, try to find out "which"
command you actually call, and what it does, by running it seperately,
not from inside a scene description.

CU Lars.