[Radiance-general] Re: More on Color Temperature

Nick Calcagni nac342 at drexel.edu
Tue Apr 15 10:50:49 PDT 2008

Greg,

First, I apologise for starting a "new" topic rather than doing a reply to
your post. I know message board ettiquite but I haven't figured out how to
"reply" yet.

I'm just an undergrad in architectural engineering, and I haven't had any
courses that went into depth about color or light. So I don't quite follow
what you mean by, "multiplying the source spectra with the reflectance" and
"converting to color space". I've looked into it since you've responded and
now know what those terms mean, but not how to work with them. I was
wondering if you could simplify what that entails and what numbers I will
need to obtain or measure and then what calculation I would have to do. Is
there is an example of what you mean?

Thank you,
Nick Calcagni