[Radiance-general] Re: Radiance-general Digest, Vol 45, Issue 10

jelle feringa jelleferinga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:06:40 PST 2007

Hi Thomas & Greg,

Many thanks for your suggestions here!

Thomas, the texture-based appraoch is something that came across my mind as
well.
The other thing that I was wondering about is whether the colordata
primitive might be relavant here?

For the textures based approach, probably ra_xyz is my friend here, though
I'm more wondering how I could generate the proper set of uv coordinates to
get the right mapping.
I'm not using textures in any sense, the use of per-vertex coloring is
closer to scientific data visualization.
Each vertex has a corresponding scalar value assigned to it, which is mapped
to a color value by a lookup-table, and the values of the lookup-table are
the ones I'm trying to map.

Many thanks for your suggestions!

-jelle

Nice to be right at least once but I was thinking of your mail