[Radiance-general] per-vertex coloring

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Wed Nov 7 16:14:35 PST 2007

That's funny -- I didn't remember ever writing such a script, but
sure enough, Thomas is right:

	http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2005-
February/002444.html

Unfortunately, even if you modified this script to render cones
rather than spheres in order to get a Voronoi diagram, it wouldn't
give you the kind of smooth results you are probably after.

None of the Radiance tools or converters really supports per-vertex
color.  However, gensurf, mgf2rad, and obj2rad all support per-vertex
normals, which are substantially similar.  It should be possible to
pass the output of one of these programs through rcalc and convert
the per-vertex normals to per-vertex colors, but it would be a very
nasty-looking script that would take me an hour or two to put together.

A C-program that generates a Radiance picture you could use as a
texture as Thomas suggests might even be easier to write.

-Greg