[Radiance-general] Re: Converting Kelvin to cxy

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon Nov 5 13:43:21 PST 2007

Hi Iebele,

Actually, white would be "cxy 0.3333 0.3333", so the values you are
getting are actually becoming redder as the temperature decreases, as
expected.

There is nothing wrong with this method for computing CIE (x,y) from
CCT -- it's probably best.  You can check against the other
approximation, which is a table-based lookup in src/cal/cal/
blackbody.cal.  Just load this file into icalc or rcalc and evaluate
the cct_x(kelvin) and cct_y(kelvin) with the same argument.

Best,
-Greg