Aw: [Radiance-general] RE: Sketchup exporter script

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu Nov 1 08:09:42 PDT 2007

tbleicher at arcor.de wrote:
> Terrance McMinn wrote
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Thomas you have made an excellent contribution to the radiance community
>> with your SketchUP exporter. I assume this script would also work with
>> the free Google Version of SketchUP as well. That software was of
>> limited use to radiance modelling as it did not have the 3DS converter
>> available in the PRO version.
>>

> Yes, of course. There would be no motivation for me to write a script
> that doesn't work on the free version. But from the Ruby point of view
> both versions are identical.

Yeah, I kinda wish we knew about this script about ten days ago, because
we bought the pro version mainly for the export capabilities!  Oh well...

And John M, how complex was your model?  We just successfully used
Thomas' script to export an 80MB SketchUp model to Radiance!  Worked
very well.  I agree with John, a choice of "by color" OR "by layer"
would be very helpful.