[Radiance-general] monitor model upload in Desktop Radiance

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Wed Mar 21 05:45:08 CET 2007

On Mar 20, 2007, at 4:58 PM, Mohamad Tarek Araji wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> It was easy to follow all the steps you mentioned, expect for the
> one responsible on how to edit the scale/position of the monitor.
> The reason is that I wasn’t able to convert the .rad file to .oct
> file. Basically, I have three .rad files for the monitor, not one.
> I think one of them is responsible for the positioning/scaling
> factor, namely VDTon.rad. When typing in the command prompt (oconv
> VDTon.rad > VDTon.oct), I get error massage. I even tried the
> option of converting the other .vdt files to .oct, but I got
> similar/different error massages. Is there a problem that I’m not
> aware of.

Hmmm, as long as you got everything, you should be able to create the
octree.  How are you unpacking these files you got from Greg?  Reason
I ask is that Greg sent me that very same monitor model and I was
able to work with it, but when I first tried to use it I got errors
working on Windows.  There are linefeed issues that can create some
problems here, and I suspect that's your problem. I'd send you a
frozen octree, but I can't seem to find the source files here on my
laptop -- must all be at work (looks like I'm getting my priorities
straight).  If you like, I can build a frozen octree tomorrow and
mail it to ya, and we can go from there.

- Rob