[Radiance-general] accessing interpolated normals in a .cal file

Roland William Fleming roland.fleming at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Jul 13 06:31:28 PDT 2007

Hi ---

I've written a .cal shader for use with colorpict that makes use of Nx,
Ny and Nz.  But now I want to apply it to a mesh, (or object generated
with gensurf with the smoothing option on).  Instead of receiving the
perturbed (interpolated) vertex normals, it just applies to the local
surface normal, leading to faceted appearance.

How do I access the interpolated surface normals in a .cal file?

Cheers,
Roland