[Radiance-general] rvu: too many modifiers in ambient list

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 02:54:36 CET 2007

Hi Lars,

I had to check the code, myself.  Up to the limit (2047 in the
current release), you can add modifiers to include or exclude,
counting each once per appearance on the input.  (Actual instances
containing materials count only once per, but repeating the same
material name over and over does count.)  After the limit is reached,
a warning is issued and further modifiers that should be on the list
are silently ignored.  It still counts the ones up until that point.

As for Terry's question, your answer is correct about the #@mkillum
lines on the input.  You cannot have different rtrace settings on a
per-illum basis, however.  You can have different ones for mkillum
than the rest of the process, by using a different setting for
render= and mkillum= in the rad input file.

Hope this clears things up.
-Greg