[Radiance-general] Simulating Prismatic Diffuser

Lars Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Dec 5 05:03:05 PST 2007

> I am trying to simulate a 'prismatic diffuser' of a flourescent
> luminaire.

I think the fprism.cal file in Radiance's lib directory may help you. But I also think that this (luminaire modeling) is not really a use case Radiance was developed for, so I do not how reliable results you will get without tweaking parameters a lot. Maybe (!!!) it will help to hide your modeled luminaire behind an illum face (using mkillum) so that you get less noise.

Lars.