[Radiance-general] Simulating Prismatic Diffuser

Shariful Shikder shikders at Cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 02:10:51 PST 2007

Dear All,

I am trying to simulate a 'prismatic diffuser' of a flourescent luminaire. Anyone can let me know which would be the best way to model it. Some questions I have regarding this are:

- Is there any material readily available that I can try to use and validate in my case? As I am not very expert in Radiance materials, this would help me to learn things.
- Which Radiance material would define a 'prismatic diffuser' well ?
- Is there any good reference or text to understand well the Trans, Transdata, BRTDFunc etc. etc. diffuser related matters ??

Any suggestion would be fine ....

Thanks,
Sharif