[Radiance-general] Specifying surface properties from BTDF data

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:57:53 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

The transdata function will allow you to specify an arbitrary BRDF on
a surface, but it won't necessarily do what you want unless you use
the photon-mapping add-on by Roland Schregle.  I plan to work on a
module that will create "window sources" similar to mkillum given
measured BTDF data, but this won't be ready for some months.

I realize this isn't much help, but I'm afraid the options are
currently somewhat limited.

-Greg