[Radiance-general] Specifying surface properties from BTDF data

FrankBob Holly istvan43 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 20:14:38 CEST 2007

I'm pretty new to Radiance, so please bear with me ;)

I have a commercial forward ray tracing program that I use to model complex
window glazings. I can output the transmitted flux vs outgoing direction for
light incident at different angles.

How would I create a surface in Radiance which would behave in the same way
as observed using the forward ray tracer. BRTDfunc? Can I specify arbitrary
output distributions for a comprehensive sampling of all incoming
directions? Is there a "BRTDdata" surface type?

Any ideas? Other things I should be aware of?

Thanks

Frank