[Radiance-general] remove light probe image from background

Fitzsimmons, Rob rob.fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Thu Apr 19 21:58:30 CEST 2007

I've done it by creating a duplicate scene (your rif file) and subsititute a
overcast gensky (just something that will make the sky white, change all
your materials to black with no specular. Then render with -ab 0 - to get a
black and white "mask" Render will not take long with no bounces.
I've then converted the mask pic to a standard ldr tiff - use it in
photoshop as a masking layer.
You could also do it with the original hdrs through pcomb - you'd have to
check the manual on that.

Rob F

  _____

From: Katja Doerschner [mailto:doers003 at umn.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:43 PM
To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org
Subject: [Radiance-general] remove light probe image from background

Hello,

(I apologize if this email went out twice ... I forgot to update my
subscription to my current email...)

I am illuminating a scene with a light probe.
In the resulting rendered image I do not want to have the probe image in the
background.

Does anyone know if there is a setting in Radiance that would make this
possible?

Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,

katja