[Radiance-general] Help:Setting up a radiance system

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu Apr 5 14:53:15 CEST 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 5:24 AM, steve michel wrote:

> therefore editing my .bashrc script with
> export PATH=.:/usr/lib/radiance/bin:${PATH}
> export PATH=.:/usr/share/radiance/lib:${PATH}
> RAYPATH=.:/usr/share/radiance/lib/
> export RAYPATH
>
> solved it. (I think one of the lines might be redundant)

Yep, my email listed the default location for the cal files; glad yu
sorted i out with the alternate location you have there.  The third
line above is not only redundant, but also is including your enire
search path in the RAYPATH variable.  THis is not necessarily bad,
but bear in mind that Radiance will be searching a lot of additional
locations for cal files, which may not be what you want.  SInce the
CWD and then the main lib directory come first on the RAYPATH the way
you have it set up, you should be ok, but II just thought I'd point
it out.

- Rob