[Radiance-general] Ambient exclude transfomed material in instances

iebele info at iebele.nl
Tue Apr 3 17:39:12 CEST 2007

Thanks Greg an Jack for your excellent and very  helpfull suggestions.

I now have succesfully converted the .obj file to rad, using obj2rad (
polytrans did indeed work with Xfrog obj-files, but meshlab did not
accept these files Lars ).

However I can't get the mapping right. I've tried a lot, but with no
succes. Would you please share with me an example of the materials you
use for the bark and the leaves?

I just don't really understand when and how to use Lu and Lv  or
frac(Lu) and frac(Lv) in the colorpict modifier and how these can ever
be placed  in a reasonable way on each triangle in the output of
obj2rad, which in my case is like :

leaf_col_leaf2 polygon leaf22836.60976
0
0
9
         -0.250204           0.195593             13.838
          -1.00383          -0.956752            13.8816
          -1.21881           -0.19178            13.5622

I never really understood the meaning of texture-coordinates, but at
this time I feel that is what  is  missing here.

Is there a difference in using obj2rad and obj2mesh for this purpose ? I
tried both but with the some odd results concerning the coordinate mapping.

-Iebele